Do you love to DIY but struggle to find the time, inspiration and gather the supplies? Welcome to your auto-ship solution! Direct to you shipping each month, access to instructions and lots of variations and inspiration in our Chalk Elegance community groups. You will find your creative confidence with the silkscreen designs and have your projects ready to go in a short amount of time, every time!
What is included in my Club subscription?
Check out all the super exclusive items available to Chalk Couture Club Couture members.
Club Couture pricing $27.99/month + tax (FREE shipping!)
(Need to crunch the numbers... Regular B-size transfer $19.99, 3 paste singles $11.97, Shipping $15.99 = $45.95... compared to Club price $26.99! WOW you save $19.96)
** All pricing in CAD
Let's round up our blog posts!
Heat Embossing with Chalk Couture
Heat Embossing with Chalk Couture stencils
If you are a paper crafter you have likely dabbled with heat embossing powders and stamping. I love the way embossing powders enhance the look of your project. So of course we had to try using the embossing powders with our Chalk Couture stencils and it was fabulous creative success!
Silk Screen stencil
Heat embossing powder
Surface such as cardstock, wood
We had an idea... dangerous I know. Would heat embossing powder work with our Chalk Couture silk screen stencils? So we tested it. After much thought, we decided that ink would be the better choice over paste because the ink is made to be heat set and the paste can have negative effects when heat set.
Following the same process as normal for applying the ink--
100+ Items to use Chalk Couture silk screen stencils on
The possibilities are almost endless. Sometimes that means our mind goes blank when it comes time to create. So I have gathered 100+ items that you can use your Chalk Couture silk screen stencils on!
What I love about silk screen stencils is that they are reposition-able (I'm a measure once move twice creator!) but most of all I love that they are reusable- which means you can use the same design to create a wide variety of projects.
Here are my top ten favourite projects to make.
1. T-shirts. I love finding a nice blank shirt (usually on clearance) and creating my own graphic T with the silk screen inks. I love that my kids can join in a create their own shirts to proudly wear.
2. Artist canvas projects. There are so many possibilities with artist canvas. It's a surface of many possibilities
3. Watercolour paper. Yes paper.
4. Tote bags. Having a fun custom tote bag makes it way easier to remember to take them into the store with me. My daughter has a special one just for her library books!
5. Etched mirrors. Yes you can safely use etching cream with the silk screen stencils.
6. Wood burned cutting boards. You can find our DIY wood burning gel recipe HERE
7. Note books-- Finding a bargain and making it WOW, personally I avoid the plastic ones but all the others work very well!
8. Three tiered cart. Enough said- three tiered carts are awesome! And when you can make it your own it's even more glorious.
9. Chalkboards -- Love the ease of changing my welcome board design up whenever I feel like it! (about monthly). Themagnetic board is my favourite for full creativity.
10. Upcycled surfaces- Love finding a good dollar store, thrift store or garage sale find and giving it new life!
Click here to get 100+ ideas to maximize the value of your Chalk Couture silk screen stencils.
Hot mess Ink background
DIY shirts with Hot mess ink background
There is nothing like creating customized shirts, whether it's for yourself or a gift this hot mess ink background will add a fun pop to your design.
Easy to do and unique outcome every time!
With just a few simple supplies we are ready to make gorgeous backgrounds. Add a silkscreen image or HTV image on top and be ready for everyone to love your outfit!
Permanent Ink 2+ colours for best results
Water & dropper
Place the sticky mat inside of your shirt or under your fabric-- this will prevent ink from bleeding through to the backside of your shirt as well as stabilize your fabric while working. Set aside
Spread ink in random places on your parchment paper. Approximately the size you want you background to be.
Drip a few drops of water on your ink.
Using a squeegee gently pull the colours together to create light blends.
Carefully flip the shirt onto your parchment paper & press down, applying the ink to the shirt.
Remove parchment and let the ink dry.
Top your beautiful background with a silk screen image or HTV.
See video below for a quick visual how-to!
Stick it creativity
DIY long lasting stickers and labels
Water bottles, plastic cups, Tupperware labels and more. Sometimes you want to personalize them to stand out for quick identification or a joyful look to your eyes!
This easy DIY sticker will allow you to create a long lasting, washable design with ease. For yourself or for a gift these will be an easy project for you!
Iron, heat press or mini press
Stencil of choice
Permanent vinyl-- my preference Oracal 651
Grab your vinyl colour of choice. You can pre-cut a shape by hand or use your electronic cutting machine like a Cricut or Silhouette Cameo. Or you can create your design and cut it out after-- a little fussy cutting (hand cutting close to the design) can create a unique look.
* Fuzz of your stencil (Tap it a few times on a towel to remove a little of the stickiness, we don't want to pull the vinyl off it's backer yet!).
* Place your stencil as desired.
* With your inks and create, create create. Gently pull your inks across the design, remember no need for hard pressure.
*Gently remove your stencil. Wash the ink out of the stencil so you can re-use it.
*Allow your ink to dry on the vinyl, you can speed this up by using a cool air fan/hair dryer.
*Using an a heat press at 300F or an iron (med heat), heat set your inks by placing a piece of parchment between the design and your iron. Press for 30 seconds -- just long enough to set your ink but not enough to melt the sticky off your vinyl!
*Stick your vinyl to the item of choice & admire your fabulous work!
Let's STICK on the creativity!
I'd love to see your designs.
How to Heat set permanent Inks on cups,coffee mugs and more!
There is nothing like a customized coffee mug or wine glass created perfect for yourself, gifting or selling. We want that fabulous DIY design to last for days to come even after washing.
It's quick and easy with permanent inks and little bit of heat.
Let's get creative!
Here are my steps for DIY inked mugs and cups success!
1. Select your cup or coffee mug. This will be going in the oven so ensure there is no plastic that could melt on it.
2. Wipe off dust/oils with rubbing alcohol (manufacturing-store dust, finger oils)
3. Select your stencil or plan out your free hand painting!
4. If using a silk screen stencil ensure to Fuzz it (remove excess sticky by placing it on a towel or your shirt a few times). These stencils love to stick but they are reuseable so we don't want to ruin them by stretching when removing!
5. Apply your inks. If painting with a paint brush get creative. If using your stencil gently pull across the mesh with your squeegee.
6. Allow to FULLY dry. This is important or it will run in the oven instead of setting. I like to leave it overniht but if it's really humid out you may need more time. I have also used a fan blowing on my design to speed up the drying process
7. Heat set time
Place the cup/glass/mug into the COLD oven. Set the oven to 350F. Allow the cups to warm up along with the oven. .Once to temperature set the timer for 30min. Allow the cups to COOL down along with the oven.
Your ink is now ready for use!
I still recommend gentle hand washing for longest lasting results.
DIY Etched Cookie Jar
DIY Etched cookie jar
Etching ... simple, fun and permanent meaning your design can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher! Grab your favourite stencil some etching cream and get ready to wow your friends!
This project is part of the 12 Crafts of Christmas series, be sure to catch all 12 days!
Etching cream (we use Armour etch)
Stencil (silkscreen transfer)
Select your favouite stencil to etch. Ensure to "fuzz" it off. The stencils love to stick to glass-- "Fuzzing" the act of temporarily removing some of the stickiness will make removing your stencil easier as well as prolong the life of it. Remember they are reusable!
Carefully place your stencil and remove all air bubbles/wrinkles. The etching cream will sneak under if you do not do this.
Etching is permanent-- there is no fix (aside from covering it up!)
Apply a generous amount of etching cream on the silk screen part, ensure full coverage. Allow to sit for 5-20 min (longer will equal a deeper etch). Using a squeegee, scrape the excess cream off, yes you can reuse this so I just put it back into the jar.
Remove your stencil. Wash off both the stencil and your glass item. You want to stop the cream from etching so wash it off.
Enjoy your now dishwasher safe design!
Fill with your favourite cookies... try not to eat them all in one sitting. Check out our printables page for my Grandma's famous Jam Jam cookies!
See the video below for a quick how-to create this project.
Magic Reindeer Food
Bring Santa with a little Magic Reindeer Food
The reindeer will be hungry after a long night of pulling the sleigh! Reward them with a treat to ensure they visit your house before Christmas Day.
This project is quick and easy to make. Complete it with your little one or as a special surprise.
This project is Day 3 of of the 12 Days of Christmas series
Jar or container to hold your Magic food
Bird food, Oatmeal, Oats
Silk Screen stencil
How to request a catalog
There is nothing like looking through the pages of a new catalog. Not only do you see the new products it is filled with inspiration and ideas too.
I love flipping the pages of a paper catalog and marking my take note of ideas, designs and wish list items. This might go back to the days of the Wish book (oh lord, did I just date myself?!)
There are three ways you can get your hands on the twice annual 80+ page hard copy catalog!
1- the easiest way is to be a Club member. With every new release a catalog will ship automatically for FREE!
Become a Member
2- Add onto your order. For only $2.66 each you can add a catalog onto your order (flat rate shipping always applies)
Hard copy catalog
3- Send me a message! I love to connect with my customers, answer all your questions and send out happy mail.
Now more and more you can access digital catalogs. What I Iove about digital is you can access it from almost anywhere! And easily share with a friend with just a click of a link.
Check out the Digital Catalog
The way the shop site is set up each & every stencil & surface includes an inspiration photo – it’s inspiration every time you check it out.
Visit the Shop Site for inspiration
Personally I make use of all three options. Paper, digital & shop site! Yes I love to have options for my inspiration!
A busy mom of three finding me time, therapy and fun with Chalk Couture and crafting!